Translation is that which transforms everything so that nothing changes. – Günter Grass
From a very young age, Ligeia Kafetzi-Louziotou came in contact with the bilingual instructional environment of the German School of Athens. Following her love for languages, she then studied English Language and Literature at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and as soon as she graduated, she started working as a translator of technical texts. At the same time, she completed her European Master’s in Translation at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
She has been working as a freelance translator since 2013 with working languages German, English, and Greek, and specializes in the fields of technical, marketing and legal translation, and the localisation of websites, applications and video games. End-clients include Xbox, Riot Games, Netflix, Disney+, EA etc.
2019 marked a significant milestone in her career as she was hired to be the Language Lead for Airbnb by Translated S.R.L. Apart from leading a group of highly-skilled Greek linguists and being the liaison between the LSP and Airbnb, her main duties include:
- Evaluating tests, interviewing and recruiting linguists for the team
- Creating and updating locale-specific style guide and glossaries
- Coordinating, leading and training a remote team of freelance translators
- Bug reporting and bug fixing through JIRA
- Consulting with stakeholders on product names and marketing strategy
- LQA and QA of the live website and Android/iOS applications.